Consequences Ahead

"If you walk in My statutes and keep My commandments so as to carry them out..I shall also grant peace in the land...But if you do not obey Me and do not carry out all these commandments, if, instead, you reject My statutes, and if your soul abhors My ordinances so as not to carry out all My commandments, and so break My covenant, I, in turn, will do this to you: I will appoint over you a sudden terror..." - (Lev. 28, NASB)

   To be fair to the biblical context, there is no way to include the entire chapter in this post without turning the post into a book, but the above serves as a glimpse of Leviticus chapter 28. The chapter is split neatly into two parts as God speaks to His people. He is informing them of the consequences of their future actions. If they choose to obey, then blessing follows them. If they choose to disobey, then rough times lay ahead. It is a simple principle that the people of God would test time and again, and find it to be true. Later, Paul echoed these words when he stated, "For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life." (Gal. 6:8, NASB) This principle works in individuals, couples, families, churches, cities, and nations. It is not an Old Testament principle or a New Testament principle. It is a spiritual fact set in order by God Himself. No one is exempt. When we obey the Word of God we receive blessing; when we reject the Word of God we receive the penalties of disobedience. Sometimes the blessing (or penalties) seem to arrive slowly, but do not be deceived, 

   The moral and spiritual laws of God are set in order for eternity. We (mankind) do not get to change them. We can comment on them, curse them, and change the legality of them, but it does not change the eternal nature of God's commands. I am not prophet, nor do I claim to prophesy here. However, I can read the Word of God and know what is coming next. This nation, which was founded on the freedom to worship God, has turned to other gods. Soon it will face calamity. It will come in a variety of ways, but it will end in judgment.  

   I've had some tell me in the past that I preach/teach too many "sad" messages. The truth is the truth. My preaching and teaching is or not does not change the truth, it merely proclaims what God's Word has already made clear. The spiritual and moral climate in this nation, which was already deplorable, will worsen exponentially. Only true disciples of Jesus will be able to stand firm in the midst of the coming trouble.  Men and women, now is the time to throw off lukewarm living and apathetic faith and turn to God with all your heart. Judgment is coming. Where will you stand?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't Waste Your Pain

Dependent Upon God

Biblical Apprenticeship