A Call for Christian Response


Guest Blogger
My beautiful wife Stephanie Miller, Pastor's wife at First Assembly of God in Jefferson, Tx

   Yes, homosexuality is Biblically wrong, and we oppose sin of any kind. We oppose what the Supreme Court did today, and we will not support it. However, we love all people, so when we proclaim that homosexuality is a sin, we do so with love, compassion, and sorrow because we know that the soul of one so loved by God will be eternally lost if we do not proclaim the truth so that they might come to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. Friends, that is not intolerance or hate. 

   This Christian is deeply saddened and grieved over every lost soul, not just the homosexual. Also the alcoholic, the adulterer, the liar, etc. Preach the Word of God with love, but understand you will be accused of hate. Preach it anyway! Love anyway! The Holy Spirit draws the sinner to Christ. I don't mind if people call me a hater or intolerant. They don't see the tears I shed for their soul. That's ok with me, but I will work until Jesus comes because He called me. I will proclaim His Word because it is Truth and living and active! God is love. Love does win. God cannot be overpowered by the Supreme Court, and sin cannot overpower God. Sin has already been conquered. 

   So, Christians, be angry with the sin, but pursue the sinner with a passion like never before. He loves them. I love them. Don't you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't Waste Your Pain

Dependent Upon God

Biblical Apprenticeship